WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Business Development Specialist
We are seeking a bright, multitalented, motivated individual to assist with our sales, project management and brand expansion initiatives worldwide. This will be a hybrid role that crosses direct sales, sales operations, project management and business development. You’ll be supporting our sales team with pitching our brand to global and US clients as well as project managing branded social integrations once sold. You will work closely with the VP, Digital Growth Manager and Executive Producer to help expand our digital brands to new platforms and media formats worldwide. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes variety in their job and has an entrepreneurial and start-up mentality.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
Sales & Account Management
- Key client point of contact on assigned account(s) - managing all day-to-day account activities
- Develop understanding for client’s products and business needs; advocate for them internally; develop and deliver the creative & project briefs to the internal teams
- Identifying and negotiating any new project opportunities with clients and create sales proposals
- Create a roster of new client contacts with support from the team (no existing client list necessary but a bonus!) and work on renewals from existing active clients
- Proactively identify emerging sales opportunities for clients across YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat and other digital platforms
- Project manage the development of branded content integrations (from ideation to live content) - liaising with internal groups and clients to ensure smooth delivery
- Ability to work with a variety of creative groups such as editors, producers, writers, designers, etc.
- Liaise with clients to ensure clear communication and consensus on all aspects of the project. Ensure all client KPIs are met and exceeded
- Own and update all critical documents including status templates and workbacks; maintain filing system
- Act as the account manager to secure program renewals and upsells
- Work alongside the management team to identify and evaluate new business opportunities for our digital brands
- Keep on top of all funding and grant opportunities applicable to our brand
- Project manage the onboarding of new platform partners with a keen eye to detail for seamless integration
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A keen interest in short-form video and social video platforms such as YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
- A passion for social media trends and an understanding of how creators and media brands can expand and grow on social media
- A love of animals, plants and nature is a big plus!
- Experience running your own social media account is preferred
- Experience with direct sales and direct response sales in particular is not mandatory but a great bonus!
- Organized with exemplary time-management and proven ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Formal project management and account management experience is preferred
- Excellence in client relationship building and customer service is of high importance
- Critical thinking with proven problem-solving skills
- An ability to work well with a highly creative and agile team in a remote setting
- Ability to self-learn and quickly adopt new technologies and processes as they become available
- Understanding of the video production process is an asset
Animalogic strives to represent all people and create a diverse and collaborative workspace. We highly encourage visible minorities, women, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities to apply. We also prefer candidates who have a passion for nature and sustainability.
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.