MyHealth Centre is certified as a Great Place to Work and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are a secondary healthcare provider in Ontario focusing on Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Gynecology and Pain Management. The company owns and operates 40 clinics all across Ontario and provides physician services to 30 third-party clinics and hospitals. The company has been rapidly growing with over 23% CAGR in revenues. It provided 1.7 million health services to almost 500,000 unique patients in FY2019. MyHealth team comprises of 140 doctors and 400 para-medical staff. Our mission is, ‘Delivering Quality Patient Care through Innovation, Compassion and Integrity.’
We are looking for a Payroll Assistant at our head office located in Toronto, ON.
· Full cycle processing of bi-weekly payroll for salary and hourly for approximately 300 unionized and non-unionized employees
· Provide payroll related assistance to managers and employees
· Issues records of employment for terminating employees
· Extraction and Analysis of payroll data
· Providing complete, accurate and timely payroll reports to internal stakeholders
· Calculation of termination payments
· Calculate manual payroll adjustments
· Calculate and prepare remittances for source deductions, garnishees, WSIB, EHT etc.
· Year end reconciliation and submission of source deductions, WSIB, EHT etc.
· Respond to government agency inquiries
· Work closely with HR to ensure employee records and/or changes are set-up correctly
· Payroll allocation
· Monthly accrual
· Reconciliations of bank statements
· Assist in the preparation of financial reports
· Preparing various journal entries related to payroll and daily activities
· Assist others in the accounting group with various period end requirements
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
· 1-3 years of experience full cycle payroll processing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
· Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is an asset.
· General knowledge of Canadian employment law, payroll legislation and accounting principles.
· Experience with and/or working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is an asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work with highly confidential, sensitive information in a professional manner.
· Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Have a cheerful, positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with others as well as the ability to work independently.
MyHealth Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MyHealth Centre is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Types: Temporary, Permanent
- Payroll: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place