Contractor sales personnel are responsible for selling building materials to local contractors. Extensive knowledge of lumber and building materials is a must, as well as the ability to do “take-offs” from blue prints. You will also be able to assist customers with renovations. Responsibilities Include: Help customers solve building problems and be familiar with all aspects of project selling.
- To assist customers in the lumber & contract sales department.
- Maximize local network of tradespeople by building strong relations with the contractor in order to pursue new account growth and generate business leads.
- Developing ongoing relations with commercial customers, proactively driving sales and assessing current contractor customer’s needs on a continuing basis.
- Prepare estimates/quotes
- Perform product layouts & calculations to provide the customer with the best option for the project that they are working on
- Liaise with the Shipper to ensure the product is delivered in a timely manner and Track all sales activities (follow-up calls, permit leads) and other type of pro-active activity in order to meet or exceed individual sales targets.
- Make cold calls either over the phone or in person to prospective customers
- Keep current on competitors' pricing
- Keep up to date with new products and their functions;
- Meet annual sales goals
- Maintaining knowledge of marketplace dynamics including new suppliers and products, and informing our customers of changes.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals while delivering a strong customer experience.
- 3-5 years’ minimum Sales experience
- Knowledgeable in the Home Improvement/Building Centre products
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Computer literacy, Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, and CAD knowledge are an asset
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and attention to detail and confidentiality
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care