Reporting to the VP, EH&S & Corporate Communications, with a dotted line to the Global GR team, the Public Affairs Manager will be the chief spokesperson with media, will oversee external communications programs, and coordinate and manage the company’s government relations activities across North America. The Manager will create and execute public outreach campaigns on complex subjects and will be responsible for strategic solutions. The Manager will be responsible for coordinating and tracking GR programs and ensuring that company communications are harmonized with GR messages and approaches.
- Develop relationships with media outlets and journalists
- Execute PE’s communication strategy plan both corporately and at mill
- Monitor media, GR and legislative channels to ensure proper responses are coordinated
- Develop a variety of materials (e.g., strategic memos, press releases, presentations, emails, media reports, media pitches, social media posts and content, etc.)
- Coordinate all media relations efforts including print, broadcast, regional and trade publications with leadership team and mill management.
- Work as part of communications team to build PE’s brand
- Undertake specific communications projects as required by the leadership team
- Track local, provincial, and federal GR initiatives and maintain a tracking tool of on-going efforts and score card of effectiveness.
- Coordinate and manage monthly GR team calls and minutes / action items.
- Help develop and maintain key government relationships at all pertinent levels; track changing relationships, as well as government turn-overs.
- Represent PE in GR activities and at government forums.
- Insure PEC team members are appropriately registered according to provincial lobbying laws.
- Undertake specific GR projects as required by the leadership team.
- 8+ years of experience in public affairs, communications, and/or government relations
- Pertinent university degree and proficiency in English required
- Experience in communications with government and regulatory bodies
- Network of contacts in media and government
- Experience in conducting research and performing analysis and report/proposal writing
- Experience writing press releases, statements, newsletters, communiques, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Self-starter with a high level of resilience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability in leading project teams
- Highly organized, results oriented and organizational savvy
- Experience working with senior leaders in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and publishing software
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Temporarily due to COVID-19