Senior Application Support Analyst
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform level 1 and 2 technical and functional support and complex analysis of reported issues, and evaluate alternative business solutions and workarounds to minimize the impacts.
- Main contact to provide US Securities Lending and Cash Financing Businesses Application Data extracts/reports requested by US Auditors/Regulators during the live period and also 7 years post decommissioning as demanded by Compliance
- Work with Windows and DBA team to fix any Infrastructure specific IT incidents.
- Provide Support for Global MFS applications with a thorough understanding of US business
- Provide answers to complex functional queries posted by US Business (front office and operations) in coordination with Level 3 support as needed.
- Build relationships and work closely with US middleware and infrastructure teams to provide quick resolutions for any technical incidents
- First point of contact for US Business Users on production application failures or any questions related to technical and functional job supporting the day to day Business.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner independently.
- Continuously provide a high quality service to our Clients and rapidly integrate evolutions of the business and IT systems to service the Clients evolving needs
- Prepare and send out the regular communication updates and Post Incident Reports for P1 severity issues
- Understand the database schema and concepts to provide extractions to Users whenever required
- Participate in the night and weekend support of the application and undertake the appropriate actions – both functional and technical.
- Test and Validate Business Continuity exercises.
- Test and Validate Disaster Recovery exercises and any Industry initiated DR testing throughout the year.
- Generating Production Applications availability, Incidents and Support requests Service Delivery KPI reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 6 years Financial Industry IT experience.
- At least 3 years of IT Application Support for US Financial Industry supporting Front Office/Operations Business.
- Strong SQL Skills with ability to understand DB schemas, structures and inter-table relationships
- Understanding of US Securities Lending and Cash Financing Business.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Software tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio and programming languages such as C++, C# is preferred.
- Prior experience with Securities Lending Market Vendors such as DTCC, SunGard and Securities Lending, Collateral Management tools is preferred.
- Prior experience creating technical specifications process flow diagrams and support procedures.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong communication skills and being able to adapt his/her communication depending on the target audience i.e. Business Users, Internal/External Clients, Technical teams etc.
- Ability to work with short deadlines and handle pressure.
- Demonstrates initiative and is proactive
- Mature, self – motivated, enthusiastic and team player
Job Type: Contract
- level 1 and 2level 1 and 2 technical and functional support: 1 year (Preferred)
- IT Application Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial Industry: 1 year (Preferred)