We are seeking Curriculum Developers to develop the following Ontario High School course: Principles of Mathematics (MPM2D)
- Work with the Curriculum Team to develop course content that engages students in meaningful and interactive instructor-led or independent learning environments.
- Identify skills and knowledge required for the subject matter to create a scaffolded course structure for diverse types of learners.
- Develop and select appropriate teaching/learning strategies, activities and resources to support Ministry of Education learning goals and outcomes.
- Develop evaluation criteria and assessment instruments that align with instructional goals and outcomes.
- Organize and maintain project documentation and course content.
- Graduate or currently enrolled in relevant post-secondary education
- Teaching experience in the subject matter is an asset, but not required.
- Ability to create an engaging and supportive curriculum designed for online learning.
- Self-motivated individual/passionate about teaching and able to design curriculum for multi-cultural environments.
Project Duration & Work Hours:
- Contract for 6 months with options to extend
- Remote work with regular online check-in meetings to review progress of the project.
Excellent performance during the course development process may lead to
- further opportunities in the design, development and editing of courses.
- online and hybrid teaching/grading positions at our global campus sites.
How to Apply:
- Brief explanation of why you feel qualified for this position (applicants without this summary will not be contacted)
Rosedale Academy is an Ontario-based private high school specializing in personalized and differentiated online learning opportunities for students worldwide since 2014. Our academic offerings are rigorous, stimulating and transformative, fostering both intellectual and personal development. Powered from Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Rosedale Academy works collaboratively with education partners so that students can stay in their home countries and receive a top-notch secondary school education. Students become part of a globally connected learning community and benefit from a dynamic curriculum that redefines excellence. Rosedale students are based all around the world, including students from Canada, China, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru and Nigeria.
Instruction is completed in English, and students are taught by certified Ontario teachers. Rosedale Academy adheres strictly to the guidelines set by the Ontario Ministry of Education, and the school undergoes annual inspections by independent inspectors sent by the Ministry of Education. At the successful completion of our program, students will receive an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) issued by Ontario’s Ministry of Education. Graduates have gone on to successfully study at universities and colleges in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia
Job Type: Contract