IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Desk Clerk, Inpatient Food Services
Your goal in this position is to perform Admissions/Discharges/Transfers interface downloading and processing diet order changes. You have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage deadlines. You have demonstrated the Patient-and Family-Centered Care Philosophy. You have the ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team to achieve department goals and meet targets. It would be an asset if you have strong customer service background and prior work experience in a health care. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Perform Admissions/Discharges/Transfers interface downloading and processing diet order changes
- Update patient census list, print patient menus, tallies, production sheets, meal tray tickets and nourishment labels and entry of patient menus according to department guidelines
- Communicate with patients and nursing staff to clarify patient requests, diet restrictions, meal preferences, meal service times, etc., while still maintaining department standards.; support dietary staff on use of I Pads
- Valid Food Handler Certificate
- Student or graduate of Food & Nutrition program or related nutrition/diets experiences would be an asset
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) is preferred
- Computer keyboarding skills, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of therapeutic diets is an asset
- Previous experience with CBORD is an asset
Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part Time Unscheduled position, on an as needed basis, with required 4 and 8 hours shifts, days, evenings, including every weekend in the Food Service department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.