We are currently seeking experienced, dynamic psychotherapists/creative arts therapists to join our growing team. Our clinic provides counselling/psychotherapy services and other holistic wellness services to children, teens, adults, couples and families across a broad spectrum of relational and mental health issues. What makes our clinic particularly unique is our focus on creative interventions and holistic wellness approach to support, healing, and growth.
The successful candidate for this associate (independent contractor) position will have a background in working with individuals, children, adolescents, (and couples and families would be a strong asset). This individual will also possess a passion for the integration of creative and alternative forms of therapy.
Training in one or more of these modes of therapy would be an asset: EFT, DBT, EMDR, Play therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Dance/Movement Therapy, Mindfulness, Psychodynamic, Human Development Theory, Attachment Theory, Family Systems Theory.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in the field of counselling/therapy/psychology
- Must be fully registered and in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (RP designation) or similar regulatory college
- Must have a minimum 1-3 years experience working with individuals/couples and families in a counselling/therapy setting
- Experience and a high level of competency in theoretical and practical applications of CBT with individuals and groups
- Experience and some training in at least one creative arts/alternative modality (art therapy, expressive arts therapy, music therapy, sandtray therapy, play therapy, narrative, etc.) would be a strong asset
- Valid Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (within the past year)
- Must maintain own Professional Liability Insurance
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Must be confident and courteous and be able communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Experience with booking systems (Owl Practice Management)
- Works well within a team environment
- Strong adherence to ethical policies, procedures, and exercises a high degree of confidentiality and privacy of information
- Able to manage own time and productivity effectively to meet service requirements
- Able to successfully work from a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive framework
- Maintain a high degree of quality and accuracy in work
- Computer literate, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Highly motivated, dedicated individual looking to apply clinical skills in challenging/stimulating group practice environment
- Clinical knowledge and understanding of working with families and couples
- Ability to assess and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions for individuals, children, adolescents, families and couples with various presenting needs
- Report to the Clinic Supervisor, work within a dynamic team environment
- Conduct individual, couple and family therapy sessions in a private practice setting
- Utilizes an eclectic, strengths-based, client-centered approach with clients
- Create and maintain progress notes, treatment plans, reports and any other written material in a timely manner
- Assess individual needs of clients to determine a course of therapeutic treatment
- Review therapeutic interventions on a regular basis
- Participate in clinical team meetings / case management / supervision meetings on a regular basis
- Participate in additional team building/training/clinic and community projects as needed
- Ensure strict confidentiality and data protection and upholding client privacy at all times
The successful candidate will be able to work sensitively and effectively with people of all cultures and backgrounds. They will also have availability to see clients during evenings and/or weekends.
We are seeking a professional with a very specific background who will best align with our clinic’s values, mission, and goals.
As the needs of our clinic grow, there may be the opportunity for this position to be full-time in the future.
Send cover letter andresume specifically detailing your interest in and fit for this position(including your experience with specific issues/client populations that you serve) to Clinical Director, Brittany Sirtonski at sirtonskiwellnessjobs@ gmail.com
Applications via any other SWS email or through the Indeed platform directly will not be reviewed.
Phone call inquiries will not be responded to. Resumes without an accompanying cover letter will be rejected.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidate selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Psychotherapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)