Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Looking for an EPIC opportunity? SHN, in collaboration with seven health networks is on a journey to implement a new, world class clinical information system (CIS) that will deliver unparalleled patient experience and help shape the future of care. Be part of this extraordinary transformation! This is a great opportunity for students to earn some income before the holidays!
As part of the Epic CIS project, SHN is looking at hiring around 550 people as Epic Support Staff (At the Elbow Support ) into a temporary part time 3-month contract (between October 1 to December 2021). In this role, you will support the implementation of Epic, taking place in the fall 2021. Epic Support Staff will provide just in time support to end users on the clinical nursing units during the go live phase of Epic.
Reporting to the Training Lead, this role will be integral to the successful implementation of the project as you will support and engage clinicians and end users on units and departments for various aspects of the system. In this role you will be responsible for providing one-on-one support to new users in various areas of the hospital by providing exceptional communication and customer service skills in ensuring a smooth transition and ensuring new users are comfortable using the system during the Go Live process. Training will be provided.
Hours of Work:
Up to 20 hours of training in total
Post Go Live
- Up to full time (75) hours based on operational needs. You must be available to work all 3 shifts (days, evenings and nights) in a 24 hour day, 7 days a week for two weeks and will be scheduled accordingly. The daily shifts will be 4-12 hours in length.
- Competitive rate of pay, plus a percentage in lieu of vacation.
- Hours of work will vary, and flexibility is required through the contract
- Shift work will be required which includes days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Mandatory attendance when scheduled for a shift is required for the duration of the contract
- All hospital sites are accessible via public transit
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Provide hands on support to SHN staff, clinicians and professional staff during Go Live time
- Serve as an application champion, problem solver, critical thinker for troubleshooting and point of escalation for end users
- Provide one-on-one guidance to SHN staff, clinicians and professional staff and assist with questions and issues as they relate to Epic
- Identify and resolve issues for end users and/or escalate when required in line with the identified escalation process
- Patiently help clinical and professional staff, learn the new system
- Communicate information and changes to end users as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At minimum, must be enrolled in a post-secondary program at a college or university or be a senior in high-school, or demonstrated relevant work experience in a customer service position
- Must be able to learn quickly, understand and apply new technologies and be able to provide training and support to end users
- Ability to provide support and coaching to medical staff as they learn the new system with a great deal of patience and supportive attitude
- Must have the ability to work in a patient care area, understanding that you be exposed to clinical environments.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to work under pressure, solve problems and adapt to change.
- Customer Service Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Technical aptitude-Tech Savvy
- Excellent communication skills
- Active listening skills
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract