PLEASE, READ FIRST BEFORE APPLYING:
1) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please provide a response to all preliminary questions and complete any skills assessments and/or questionnaires as needed.
2) STUDENTS IN SCHOOL OR RETURNING TO SCHOOL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.This is a Full-Time job, requiring 35 to 45 hours of availability each week.
3)Candidates without THEIR OWN VEHICLE may not be considered, as this job will require you to work hours or days that may make it difficult to rely on public transportation. If you are hired, you will be required to work for both Richmond Hill and Vaughan stores.
4)This job is PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY DEMANDING.Working with live dogs in a daycare environment requires employees to pay attention to detail, be quick-thinking and have physical endurance (to walk, lift and clean). This job may not be suitable for all people.
If you have understood the above points, you may proceed to the job description below.
------------------------------- JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW -------------------------------
Enthusiastic and excited to be working in the pet industry?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of pets?
Join the Woofur team and our mission to enrich the lives of pets so that they can live their lives to their fullest potential!
Woofur is an award-winning pet services provider in Richmond Hill and Vaughan. We are recognized by Consumer Choice Award®, Three Best Rated® and Top Choice Awards® as an outstanding business in high standing.
We are looking to hire a team of experienced pet professionals as well as newcomers to the industry who have a passion for making a difference.
The Dog Daycare & Boarding Attendant position is suitable for …
 Beginners, who are new to the pet services industry and are looking to start a career in dog handling, dog walking or dog daycare, but are unsure of where to start. Well, why not learn on the job from one of the most reputable and recognized dog daycares in the GTA?
 Experienced Dog Handlers and Daycare Attendants, who are seeking opportunities to work in a structured environment and are working towards becoming a professional dog trainer or handler.
Dog Daycare & Boarding Attendant:
- About 50% of the job will be to supervise, monitor and manage active play in the dog daycare, including:
- Picking-up and cleaning-up after dogs,
- Walking and exercising the dogs,
- Feeding and administering medication to the dogs,
- Keeping accurate logs and records of dog behavior and activities,
- About 50% of the job will be to tidy, clean, vacuum, mop, and disinfect facility
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate
- Be able to legally work in Canada (SIN # or work permits must be provided)
- Be flexible with working hours and days
- Be able to operate a computer (e-mail, web, office tools)
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be responsible, honest and reliable
- Have a calm and assertive demeanor with the dogs
- Understand dog behavior and techniques to communicate with dogs
- Can work in a team or individually (self-motivated)
- Be willing to learn new things
- Have previous customer service experience
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good organizational skills and pays attention to details
- Can manage multiple on-going tasks simultaneously
- Have a pleasant personality
- Have no medical or physical conditions that would prevent the successful completion of position duties
Candidates are required to work between 4 to 6 days per week (including weekends and holidays). Shifts can be between 5 to 10 hours in length.
Employees are entitled to exclusive discounts on all retail purchases and services including complimentary daycare for your own pets (some restrictions apply).
To apply, please respond to this post and include your cover letter and resume.
Highlight on your cover what drives and motivates you, and why you are currently working or considering working in the pet industry.
Important: Applications without an accompanying cover letter may not be considered.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements and who have completed all of the necessary prerequisites.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00-$15.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Richmond Hill, ON (Preferred)