Hanson Canada is a private education group, headquartered in Ontario, that provides international students a dynamic learning environment to ensure that they excel in the Canadian workforce. Together with our four campuses - located in Brampton, New Westminster, North York, and Toronto - we work together to deliver quality secondary, post-secondary, and cutting-edge language training programs to international students from all corners of the globe. With our diverse faculty, staff, and student body, we value innovation, creativity and collaboration by providing simple and seamless total education solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and ensure the consistency of the ESL/EAP program implementation to ensure it meets the requirements from Canadian Language Benchmarks and TESL Canada;
- Write and develop the course curriculum that are at the standard of Canadian Language Benchmarks;
- Maintain accreditation of ESL/EAP programs by Languages Canada;
- Plan and schedule ESL/EAP course offerings each term;
- Prepare and administer English placement or diagnostic tests for new students to evaluate the level of English proficiency;
- Supervise the registration, administration and maintenance of academic records of language programs in accordance with Hanson guidelines and regulations;
- Inspect and keep records of ESL/EAP teachers’ classroom instruction, evaluation and assessment materials;
- Conduct and monitor the evaluations of ESL instructors’ performance;
- On occasion, teach ESL/EAP courses to registered students at Hanson who are enrolled in the part-time or full-time basis;
- Create English language or culturally related activities to help promote and improve communication skills among the international students;
- Engage in Business Development activities with Marketing team to promote and develop the HSL Program.
- May be required to meet specified recruitment or development goals; including but not limited to: representation at events, hosting seminars and workshops.
- Keep up to date with respective regulating organizations; such as attending TESL Canada seminars;
- Participate in the interview process of hiring new faculty members who are teaching the ESL/EAP program when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational abilities are required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Dynamic, punctual and self-motivated
- Patient and attentive to student needs
- ESL/EAP teaching experience and curriculum development required
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in a closely related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recognized ESL teaching certificate (CELTA/DELTA, TESL/TESOL)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA process
- Certificate in Canadian Language Benchmark levels literacy would be an asset
- Experience in marketing and promotion and understanding of international trends in Language programming
- Experience with English Language Learners and an International environment an asset
- Business development experience an asset
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, online education resources/platforms)
Hanson Canada is dedicated in establishing a workplace where people are treated with respect and dignity, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected factors. We are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our vacancies. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department to make any necessary arrangements.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- ESL Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CELTA/DELTA or TESL/TESOL (Required)