iProgen Biotech Inc., is a biotech company focused on the research and development of innovative protein delivery technology. We have several exciting projects in antibody therapeutics and regenerative medicine. We are currently collaborating with a variety of research institutions across North America, and are continuing to expand the scope and number of collaborations.
We are interested in hiring technician with any of the following experience:
- Experience in organic chemical synthesis and purification
- Experience in expression and purification of recombinant proteins (from bacterial and/or mammalian system) and subsequent characterization methods (SDS-PAGE, protein concentration assays, ELISA and immunoblotting)
- Understanding and experience in enzymatic conjugation and chemical modification of proteins (g., maleimide-, succinimide- linking)
- Knowledge and experience in molecular biology techniques including DNA construct design, PCR, DNA purification using mini/midi prep, gel electrophoresis and DNA sequence analysis
- Skilled in handling and routine maintenance of mammalian cell lines, with knowledge and experience in mammalian cell transfection methods and/or recombinant protein production
Job Type: Full-time**
Qualifications: ** Successful candidate(s) will have the following experience:
- BSc or MSc degree in Chemistry or life sciences with 0-5 years of experience (for new graduates, previous co-op experience is an asset)
- Background in chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry, with experience in organic chemical synthesis and purification may also be considered
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to learn and grow in the company
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Training and supervision of coop students is desirable
We seek hard working, committed employees who are willing to work independently/competently and also flexible within a tight team to accomplish research objectives. Employees who consistently meet objectives and demonstrate strong leadership skill will have opportunity to quickly advance into managerial role. We provide competitive salary.
How to apply: **
Please send your C.V. and cover letter in a single pdf document* , with the specific job title Research Technician *in the subject line.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job Type: Full-time
- Laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)