Consultant and Project Assistant
Make a difference / Faire la differénce
Workforce Edge helps our healthcare clients implement effective staff scheduling practices. Over 70% of healthcare budgets are spent on staffing, and organizations depend on having an engaged and skilled workforce to deliver quality patient care for all Canadians. Our projects improve the working life for employees and reduce the cost of delivering care.
We are looking for a Consultant and Project Assistant with experience in healthcare staff scheduling. As a Consultant and Project Assistant, you will review Collective Agreements to identify scheduling rules, draft scheduling procedures and reference materials, train and support schedulers to use new processes, review and build schedules and master rotations, and work collaboratively with other consultants on assigned short- and long-term projects. You will need to be self-motivated and detail-oriented, must possess a high degree of independent judgment, and be able to meet deadlines and handle competing demands.
The posted role is for a full-time employment position – however, we will also consider applications from qualified persons looking for casual part-time work.
As a Consultant and Project Assistant with Workforce Edge:
Your days will be spent working at your home office, connecting with consultants across Canada and with client contacts by phone, email, and online meetings. Your normal activities will be to support scheduling process improvement projects by reviewing, processing and summarizing information received from clients, preparing drafts of scheduling procedures, reference tools, master rotations, reports and presentations, and supporting client schedulers during the training and implementation phases of projects. You will also contribute to continuous improvements of our tools and methodologies. Attendance at internal and client meetings by telephone/online meeting will be required daily to clarify data, present and review draft deliverables, record client input, and support senior consultants by documenting discussion items and action items. Occasionally, you will travel to client sites, working with senior consultants to record the results of interviews and focus groups, support process design, training and implementation activities, and participate in other on-site meetings and activities.
Specific activities of a Consultant and Project Assistant include:
· Drafting procedures and reference documents
· Data processing, analysis and presentation
· Design, build and QA master rotations
· Training material preparation and training delivery
· Supporting stakeholder engagement activities
· Supporting business process design activities
· Drafting and editing reports and presentations
· Providing support for schedulers on new processes
· Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
· Advanced understanding of business functions, workflows, and processes required to ensure stable staffing for a 24/7 operation
· Experience scheduling nurses or other healthcare professionals
· Analytical and able to multi-task, works well in an open team environment
· Speed, accuracy, and high attention to detail when performing work
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must have an appropriate workspace as this is a work-from-home position
Background and Education:
- 3+ years experience working as a scheduler in the healthcare industry
- 1+ years experience developing business processes and/or delivering training
- Diploma or degree in business administration or similar is preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- working as a scheduler in the healthcare industry: 3 years (required)