Sr. Cost Analyst
Project Controls Lead
The Cost Controller will be responsible for cost and progress reporting and analysis and ensuring cost and progress information is accurately recorded in financial and PC systems. Position is located in Elkford, BC.
Key areas of responsibility
- Execute internal and external project reporting related to cost, progress and progress
- Analyze trends and notifies Project Managers of any deviations or expected deviations from scope, schedule and/or budget and prepares Change Notices as required
- Ensuring accurate entry of data into financial and PC systems and coordinate corrections are required
- Review coding of time-sheets and requisitions to ensure accuracy
- Support adhoc analysis related to budgets, expended, completed and earned cost, quantities and hours
- Interface with both internal and external stakeholders to develop, review and provide guidance for all aspects of project controls
- Submit Project Controls Reports on a periodic basis with analytical reviews & make suggestions for recovery plans
- Relevant post-secondary training (degree and/or diploma) in engineering or accounting and /or experience in all aspects of project controls function, i.e., budgeting, forecasting, earned value management, progress and performance measurement
- 5 years+ of experience in Cost Control or related industry experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of cost concepts and tools
- Relevant Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project especially with Excel
- Self-motivated, with proven organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 years+ Experience with industrial construction (preferably on contractor side)
- Related accreditation's (Certified Cost Professional (CCP), Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset.
Job is site-based at approximately 3 hours south west of Calgary near Elkford, BC.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest only selected candidates will be contacted. All applications be kept on file for future consideration.
Shift Work until specified Project Completion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Construction / Contractor Side : 5 years (Preferred)
- Cost Control in Industrial Construction: 5 years (Preferred)