Voortman Cookies has a long and stable history, with further growth expected. We ship products across North America, as well as globally. We care about our people, our products and our customers.
We are currently looking to fill many positions in our plant. If you are interested in a long-term career with potential for advancement, then look no further. We offer a competitive benefits package as well as other perks to all F/T employees.
This position is responsible for inventory control and accuracy – following Standard Operating Procedures for cycle counts, system generated cycle counts, inventory issues as they arise, and correction of inventory discrepancy/investigations.
Reporting to the Voortman Warehouse Manager.
This role is to support the management team’s commitment to food safety and quality and compliance to appropriate laws, regulations and standards.
Inventory Control Clerk duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely and adhere to the Voortman Cookie employee manual
- Responsible for performing daily cycle counts.
- Responsible for Inventory Investigations of Materials and Finished Goods.
- Providing oversight on periodic and quarterly inventory counts.
- Receiving of any in-bound materials arriving after (receiving) hours. Put-away and organization of said materials. Receiving of materials in Handheld.
- This role may include cross-functional training for support and backup purposes.
- Communication - both internally and externally.
- Support of Warehouse and Logistics personnel.
- Other duties as required.
All above mentioned duties may change from time to time. All duties should be reviewed at least once per year. This list may or may not be complete and other duties may be added or deleted. The employee must know and understand safe operating procedures of the machinery.
- Job Type: Full-time – Afternoon (14:00 – 20:00)
Job Requirements (Education, Work Experience, Certifications, Skills):
- 2-3 years of experience in inventory control
- Experience working in Warehouse/Distribution environment
- Completion of High School or College diploma
- Supply Chain Management an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics (NAV), SAP, MS Office
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Skills of numerical ability; problem solving
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have valid SIN, required to complete background check
Voortman Cookies Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to employing following the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise HR if you require accommodation as per the AODA.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Inventory Control: 2 years (Required)
- English (Preferred)