Looking for a fun, social work environment?
Join the Canadian Red Cross' Street Fundraising Team!
We are looking for out-going and enthusiastic personalities who are driven and self motivated. You will be working in a diverse team to connect with the public and inform them about the humanitarian programs that the Red Cross undertakes in Canada and abroad.
Your job is to inspire public to sign up for regular donations. Your efforts will allow someone a better tomorrow.
We are committed to developing all our staff to their full potential, always eager to help you grow your skill set with on-going, on the job training.
There are regular opportunities for progression within the team for those who have shown they are hard working and committed.
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Fundraising or sales experience
- 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, shift 10pm-6pm
- Working outdoors year round at different locations in the Greater Vancouver Area
- Working with team
- Potential for occasional overnight trips
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
This is an open posting and will remain advertised until all positions are filled. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The Canadian Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)