**FROM NOW UNTIL JUNE 30TH Kindred is providing a COVID Caregiver recognition bonus; CAREGIVERS WILL RECEIVE A BONUS OF $200 PAID OUT IN EARLY JULY**
Are you a compassionate, caring person looking to make a difference in the lives of others? Kindred Home Care has clients that are looking for someone like you!
For over 30 years, Kindred Home Care has been providing short and long term home support services to individuals and families in the areas of errands, personal care, housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation.
Could you be the perfect caregiver for one of our clients? Don’t have training? That’s okay!
Through a partnership with Peak Form Health & Safety Academy, we assist in providing Personal Care Aide II training in order to give you all the tools you need to work as a Home Support Worker. The Peak Form program includes: a Home Support Worker training textbook written specifically for New Brunswick Home Support Workers, a highly accessible learn-at-home program and an innovative, mobile, hands-on lab.
For a short period of time THE COST OF THE PCA COURSE IS FREE for new students enrolled before May 10th. You will only be required to pay the cost of purchasing their textbook.
- The textbook cost is $150.00 including HST and shipping covered by smaller portions via payroll deduction.
- The reduced price point is contingent on government funding, students must complete training within 6 months of enrollment. If training is not completed in 6 months, the student will be responsible for the full cost of the course.
As a Home Support Worker you will work one-on-one with clients to provide non-medical assistance with tasks such as:
- Meal preparation, housekeeping, running errands, medication reminders, personal care and companionship.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
- Experience working in home care, special care / nursing homes is an asset
- Experience in food preparation and/or housekeeping is an asset
- Personal experience caring for seniors or individuals with special needs is an asset
- Must provide a satisfactory criminal record / vulnerable sector check, as well as a satisfactory background check through the NB Department of Social Development
- Pre-existing First Aid and CPR certification is an asset (Kindred pays the cost of all renewals)
- Must have a phone & voicemail, an email address, & regular access to a computer/ tablet for the purposes of checking email and completing the online component of the training program
Since the needs of people receiving in-home care can vary greatly, we can offer work schedules that work for you! Daytime, evening, overnight and weekend hours are available.
Do you work Monday-Friday and want supplemental weekend work - WE HAVE THAT!
Do you attend school and want evening work? WE HAVE THAT!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.90-$15.50 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place