You love people, you love skiing, and you love knowing that you can make a guest's day on the mountain amazing simply by teaching them a sport you enjoy. You smile when your student gets down the hill without falling and are excited to come up with new games and drills to encourage skill improvement. Your naturally friendly, outgoing, positive demeanour is reflected in your interaction with guests and coworkers alike.
You are excited to work in an environment that is ever changing, where professionalism is paired with fun and friendship, and where safety is a recognized necessity. You're constantly seeking to build your knowledge in on-mountain recreation and understand that you are a vital part of cultivating a love for, and participation in, skiing and riding. Ideally you have your Level 1 C.S.I.A. or international equivalent and a minimum 1 year experience in snow school instructing.
As a Ski Instructor you will be focused on but not limited to:
- Teaching skiing in a fun and safe manner to students of all ages
- Assisting students to achieve their goal of improvement
- Providing feedback to students or to students’ parents in regards to progress made in the lesson and what to work on next
- Being fully informed of all Snow School programs and other Grouse Mountain products and services
- Researching new teaching methods
- Going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain
- Answering guest inquiries and resolving problems quickly and effectively
- Attending pre-season orientations and instructor training sessions as scheduled
- Performing daily student check-in, shoveling and clean up duties as may be periodically assigned and requested.
Wages for instructors starting from $14.00 to $26.25 depending on qualifications, plus a very competitive commission for Private Request lessons.
Level 1: $14.00
Level 2: $16.05
Level 3: $19.50
Level 4: $26.25
$1.00 bonus per additional eligible certification (ie: CASI, CSIA/CASI Park)
1% (5% max) per year of experience outside of Grouse Mountain Snow School
$1.00 bonus on your first consecutive year returning to Grouse Mountain Snow School
2% (10% max) per year of experience within the Grouse Mountain Snow School (exclusive of the year in which you gain the $1.00 bonus)
Other benefits include a uniform, unlimited skiing and snowboarding, an exclusive offer from our ski and snowboard partner as well as pro deals on all other equipment, excellent instructor development with Level 4 trainers, great discounts on food and beverage, retail and other mountain adventures, reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts in the area and the opportunity to work year-round at Vancouver’s leading attraction.
We offer assistance towards C.S.I.A & C.A.S.I tuition.
- Minimum Level 1 Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (C.S.I.A) or approved international equivalent required
- Candidates possessing dual certification will be given preference
- 1 year previous snow school instructing experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Friendly, confidant, outgoing customer service attitude required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent time management and organization skills required
- Strong team player
- Available to work a minimum of one weekend day per week from December 22, 2018 to March 31, 2019 & a minimum of five extra days during the winter break (December 22, 2018 to January 6, 2019 ).
- If 19 yrs. of age or older the successful applicant is required to provide results of a clear background check valid within six months of the hire date before starting work. Grouse Mountain will assist with this process if the applicant does not have a valid background check.
Apply online www.grousemountain.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time