Membership Assistant: Full-Time Temporary Position until March 2020
POSTED: January 17, 2019
The Bonnyville and District Chamber of Commerce (BVCC) is seeking a dynamic self starter who is motivated and showcases exceptional communication skills. The BVCC is a is a local non-profit who believes in our community and our membership by providing advocacy, support and promotion. Community partnerships and business collaboration is at the heart of what we do every day.
The Membership Assistant will be the first point of contact for members and tourists who visit the Shaw House. They will also be a key addition to our team of dedicated employees who put the needs of our membership first.
This is a versatile position that will require general office administration duties, event planning, one on one membership support and key projects. This position will report to the Project Coordinator under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- Have a high degree of customer service skills
- Assist with daily inventory and errands as required by the Project Coordinator
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the office, which will include pre-event set up and post-event cleaning
- Assist with the creation and distribution of Chamber materials
- Assist with social media marketing
- Touch base with our members on a regular basis to ensure their needs are being met
- Assist with the promotion of the Chamber and its membership
- Continually seek out new members
- Take meeting minutes and distribute in a timely fashion
- Assist in event planning and sponsorship
- Strives to continually develop a better public understanding of the Chamber and its purpose and functions
- Assist with any additional work-related projects as needed
- Degree or diploma in Business or Office Administration
- Minimum two years experience in a related setting
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail orientated and able to work with deadlines
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- 32-35 Hours per week, primarily Monday to Friday, however some evenings and weekends will be required based upon events
- Office environment
- Lifting and event set up required
- Standing or sitting for various periods may be required
Salary: Salary will be dependent upon education and related experience
Position will remain open until filled.
While we thank all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- Administration: 2 years (Preferred)