Who We Are:
Henry’s is a great place to work. The loyalty of our employees and their passion for photography and customer service sets us apart from the competition. Henry’s employs principled, dedicated and passionate people who work hard at what they do. Our success is based as much on our creative and talented teams as the selection of products, competitive prices, and industry leading services we offer. If you want to join Canada’s greatest camera store, one of Canada’s Best Managed companies, and be a part of our talented team then this might just be the right opportunity for you.
The Director Retail Sales & Operations has overall accountability for building, executing and driving the retail sales and operational strategy. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in identifying opportunities that drive the business, enable seamless operations, and customer service excellence. You are a values driven leader with a passion for driving sales, while focussing on leading change, continuous process improvement, and people development. You are an out-of-the-box thinker and not afraid to try out and support execution of unique ideas.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
- Reporting to the COO, the Director will be responsible for the development and execution of the Sales and Store Operations strategy including our B2B/Commercial business
- Director will have accountability for Store (Regional Sales Managers) & National Operations Managers including activities such as store process development, labour planning, store services (repairs/warranty), facilities, training, and operational reporting
- Driving sales, continuous process improvement and people development through the store network
- Identifying opportunities that drive the business and enable seamless operations across the business.
- Act as the owner of stores and advocate for store sales and operations priorities across the broader cross functional organization as well as act as the protector of stores where necessary.
- Lead and coach the Sales & Operations Management team to motivate them and help them achieve full potential
- Dedicated to and support operational efficiencies to improve team and business results.
- Lead a refinement of store operations metrics, reporting package and driving accountability across the network
- Drive and demonstrate Henry’s values of
o Be Humble, Kind, and Act with Integrity
o Share Your Expertise
o Showcase Your Creativity
o Embrace & Drive Change
- Lead the planning and budgeting process for the Sales organization
- Identify, solve and/or escalate sales driving or profit maximizing opportunities
- Partner with functional groups to identify, plan and coordinate the execution of key initiatives to build/ improve operational efficiencies.
- Take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow oneself
- Minimum of 7-10 years of multi-unit store sales & operational management experience at a senior level, with demonstrated track record of performance results and process effectiveness
- The ideal candidate has led an operations field team in retail as well as played a leadership role in a central operations/national operations function in retail
- Possess an excellent understanding of the fundamentals of retail sales, operations, and customer service with a natural tendency to think strategically.
- Demonstrated sales leadership and accountability
- Must be a disciplined operator that drives performance across an organization
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the retail industry and the retail landscape; experience with commercial sales an asset
- Excellent financial & business acumen with ability to identify opportunities and plan for gap management
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey information, generate ideas and influence
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategies, monitor progress, and make the necessary adjustments to achieve objectives
- Strong personal discipline with proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates a successful track record in sales and sales management with proven execution and follow through
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
We believe Henry’s culture supports individuals to pursue their passion and to achieve great things. This opportunity will offer a career that will be rewarding, interesting, sometimes challenging, but mostly fun. Join the Henry’s family and be part of our exciting future!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the role. Due to the volume of resumes received we will only contact applicants meeting role requirements for next steps.
In accordance with the Accessibility with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Henry’s is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- Retail Management: 10 years (Required)
- Sales Leadership: 6 years (Required)
- Operational Management: 5 years (Required)
- Multi Store Management: 7 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19