Access to Information
Temporary Full-time (12 months)
Imagine a job where you get to read and understand the whole story. A job where you get to know what happened in the beginning, what decisions were made in the middle and what came of it all in the end. If this interests you, the Review Clerk position within WCB’s Access to Information business area is for you! This job takes you through how WCB manages the entire life of a claim.
You will respond to external requests for copies of information from claim files while ensuring personal information is protected. You will complete a careful line by line review of these claim files and will release information based on the authority of the Workers’ Compensation Act (WC Act) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
This career enhancing role will allow you to showcase your talents as an avid reader with superior judgment skills. You will have the freedom to structure your day in an independent work environment with a supportive group of team players.
Are you interested in the full story? Join our team today!
- Use your judgment to determine right of access to records;
- Use the appropriate procedures for severing information;
- Review claim files to ensure information being released meets the obligation under s. 147 and 148 of the WC Act and under the FOIP Act;
- Read important documents with superior attention to detail to determine what can or cannot be released and/or must be withheld from disclosure.
Grade 6 Start Rate:
- Post-secondary education or the equivalent combination of work experience with information access and privacy legislation is preferred.
- General knowledge of WCB legislation, Policy and procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience applying the FOIP Act.
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail while reviewing documents for long periods throughout the day.
- Motivated to work independently.
- Proficiency using business computer applications including CIS, eCO and PAM.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
$47,004.00 to Job Rate: $52,236.00
This is a temporary, full-time position with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. This competition is open to both internal and external candidates.