Up Cannabis is a federally licensed producer of cannabis with an operational facility in Brantford, Ontario and a new facility currently under construction in Beamsville, Ontario. Up is wholly owned by Newstrike Resources, which is a publicly traded company on the TSXV and trades under the ticker symbol "HIP".
- Executes production work orders of moderate complexity according to documented standard operating procedures and manufacturing batch records.
- Operates complex automated equipment for cartridge assembly, vial filling and, tip production ensuring equipment is set up and working correctly.
- Operates automated washing and sterilization equipment, including preparation, retrieval, identification, and storage of processed items in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates labeling and sealing equipment according to written procedures.
- Periodically washes large containers and equipment according to manual methods.
- Provides input and recommendations for revision and improvement of procedures.
- Performs line clearances, batch record documentation, verification steps, and confirmation of material issuances against pick list requirements.
- Assists with manual packaging assembly operations for completion of final product by packaging and assembling kits as required.
- Follows GMP and Safety Procedures and raises concerns to Supervisor and Managers attention.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Adhere to relevant SOP’s, corporate policies and any related governance and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to read, perform, and document tasks as required in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Demonstrated written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set up, and operate automated equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented production environment.
- Ability to do shift work.
- Ability to multi-task in time sensitive situations and be flexible/adaptable to changes.
- Ability to physically perform the functions of the job and to use protective clothing as required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while adhering to the schedule.
- Ability to work flexible shifts to meet schedule (i.e. occasional weekends and OT).
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)