Academy of Modern Art (AOMA) is a reputable Vancouver-based after-school art education institution dedicated to transitioning art and design students to their post-secondary school of choice and strongly supports students’ personal development. Our core value is Passion | Creativity | Drive | Success.
We are looking foran experienced and energetic Manager in Training on a full-time basis who will be responsible for the full scope of managing year-round operations in our rapidly expanding after-school educational institution.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and collaborative who is forward-thinking, accountable, and passionate about fostering a positive culture, leverage excellent organizational and communication skills to manage the operations of our offices and provide professional team leadership.
What you will be trained and responsible for:
- Assist the President in program research and school development
- Develop and maintain close and strong relationships with families, parents, students, instructors, team members, and other stakeholders Manage and develop AOMA’s education programs, including, university application, portfolio preparation, AOMA certificate (teens art program), kids and adult art programs, summer school, etc
- Conduct consultations with parents and/or students who are looking to enroll in art universities locally, nationally, or internationally
- Organize and hold regular meetings with portfolio and certificate students/parents and instructors to help the students stay on track
- Advise and guide students and parents on AOMA course selection and certificate program offerings and any other issues as needed to achieve the learning goal through the journey
- Conduct research and develop programs, workshops, art tours, short courses, and community activities/collaborations
- Develop and implement operational strategies to enhance efficiency, scalability, and quality of business operations
- Oversee day-to-day operational activities, including customer services, marketing events, workshops, art classes, program consultation, instructor management, etc.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement best practices to streamline operations
- Ensure our office spaces and classrooms (meeting rooms, common areas, kitchen, etc.) are clean, tidy, functional, and comfortable for both clients and team members
- Organize and coordinate space and event needs for internal/external events, including team meetings, fundraisers, art competitions, and events
- Responsible for managing the team schedule
- Manage daily operations, such as inventory maintenance, supplies procurement, and office security systems
- Create and foster a healthy and positive culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement with team members
- Build and lead a high-performing team, providing mentorship and guidance to team members.
- Set clear performance expectations and goals for the team and conduct ongoing learning and development for all team members consistently by providing constructive feedback, hands-on coaching, mentoring, employee recognition, performance review, and evaluation
- Celebrate company milestones and recognize the individuals who made them happen
- Manage all aspects of human resources (team members and instructors) to build a solid and diverse team, including recruitment, coaching, training, performance management, and succession planning
- Address all employee concerns and issues to ensure smooth and efficient teamwork
- Oversee the day-to-day operations to ensure exceptional customer experiences and satisfaction.
- Implement and maintain high standard of customer service.
- Handle customers’ inquiries, complaints, and special requests effectively and in a timely manner.
- Monitor customers’ reviews and feedback, taking necessary actions to address any issues and improve service quality.
- Manage and direct team members to ensure consistency in service delivery and provide exceptional customer service
- Drive strategy and execute a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media
- Lead management of baseline marketing performance metrics and setting marketing activities /campaign goals
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing strategy using performance tools and build out of performance reporting
- Handle administrative tasks with team members related to marketing activities, including maintaining databases and organizing marketing materials
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a managerial or senior administrative role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Must have a strong passion for art education
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to patiently and effectively deal with a diverse range of people in a respectful and professional manner
- Small business operation experience is an asset
- Strong computer proficiency with experience in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in planning and presenting students recruitment and marketing activities
- Proven strong leadership and team management skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
If you believe this role is the right next step for you, regardless of the criteria we’ve listed, we encourage you to apply. We thank all those who apply. However, only those candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- How many years do you have working in a managerial or senior administrative role? Please briefly describe your experience as it relates to the position.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Team management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person