Have you ever thought it would be great to work for an industry leader, to take your talents and passion to a bigger stage? This is truly an opportunity to bring your Building Operator experience to one of the Premier Residential/Commercial locations in Western Canada!
Our Client is one of the largest Property Management companies in North America and they are growing again.
The Building Operator will be responsible to ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
Reporting to the Community Manager the Building Operator will assist in the preventative maintenance and repairs; conducting business at all times professionally, ethically and in a timely manner to improve the community.
Mainstream Duties & Responsibilities:
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Conduct inspections on all site mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, heat pumps, rooftop units, air conditioners, etc., on a daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order;
- Take daily readings of all major equipment including but not limited to: air supply temperatures, water temperatures and pressure readings, etc., document and inspect for irregularities in readings;
- Supervise all maintenance employees, vendors and trades;
- Perform maintenance on all mechanical equipment including monthly, quarterly, and annual preventative maintenance tasks;
- Monitor the building automation system to ensure resident comfort and to ensure systems are running at maximum efficiency;
- Continuous reviews of the mechanical rooms and hazardous locations. Isolating and reporting of unsafe and unsightly items and/or areas and immediately communicating to the Community Manager of these conditions;
- Perform minor mechanical repairs, including basic preventative mechanical maintenance and common element repairs. Ensure the building is covered for after-hours service for any emergencies in a prompt and efficient manner and advise the Property Manager at any time that service cannot be provided for such emergencies;
- Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections of properties for damage and perform or arrange repairs;
- Ensure signage and lighting is in good working condition;
- Maintain a list of up to date and accurate emergency contact information and regularly review the procedures for life safety, emergency response and fire safety plan;
- Monitor building security system, fire alarm panel and sprinkler system regularly for proper operation and report any discrepancies;
- Ensure all health, safety and security procedures are adhered to and areas of concern are reported to the appropriate parties;
- Ensure resident satisfaction by delivering a prompt, courteous service completing all work in a professional manner while ensuring a positive “resident service” experience to all residents;
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Your Qualifications and Experience will include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Power Engineering 4th or 5th Class;
- Certified Pool Operator is preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in general maintenance in a residential, commercial or retail environment;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in physical plant operations, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Alarm, and other related equipment and systems;
- Knowledge of Occupations Health and Safety Act, knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHIMIS);
- Sound knowledge of building systems, life safety, and emergency procedures;
- Hands-on and strong knowledge of general maintenance;
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Code & Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code, Provincial Fire Code and Electrical Safety Authority;
- Computer literate.
- Must have Trade tools and personal vehicle
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- physical plant operations, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical: 3 years (Required)
- general maintenance in a residential, commercial environment: 3 years (Required)
- 4th Class Power Engineer (Required)
- English with strong verbal and written command (Required)