Company: Summit Properties is a London based established property Management Company with corporate roots dating back to 1955. We are a prominent real estate company with an extensive portfolio of high quality commercial and residential properties and a strong commitment to customer service and innovation.
Reporting to the President and the Chief Operating Officer the Controller will oversee all accounting, financial and human resources functions. Financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reporting and finance are key requirements for this position.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with Accounting Standard for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
· Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including, Income Tax, HST and Property Tax.
· Prepare all supporting information for annual audits and liaise with the external auditor.
· Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as the secured lenders, Canadian Revenue Agency and the Worker’s Compensation Board.
· Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports
· Manage financial controls in accordance with company policy
· Communicate financial metrics to senior management
· Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
· Manage Insurance matters, property tax appeals and finance applications
· Provide management and leadership to accounting department
· Manage Payroll and Human Resources
· 3+ years of professional experience in property management, construction and development
· Professional designation. CPA/CA preferred
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
· Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation. (Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, and Human Rights).
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
· Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficient in Yardi Management Software
· Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are required to follow our masking policy. Office doors are kept locked at all times and only staff or people with appointments are allowed in.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Property management: 3 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place