- NOTE: This job is located in scenic downtown Huntsville Muskoka. Resumes that do not include detailed descriptions of your experience related to this bicycle/ski shop position will not be considered. *
Who we are AO offers the complete package of outdoor experience. In winter our shop staff mount, tune and repair skis and snowboards to the highest level of quality. In summer, we operate a full-service bike repair shop and retail sales.
- Bike repair, building, and tuning
- Bike related retail sales
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize and multitask to meet challenging deadlines
- Customer service - comfortable speaking with people, asking the right questions and suggest solutions
Willing to train Bicycle Mechanics for winter work
- Ski & Snowboard tuning, repair, mounting and waxing.
Our staff is committed to answering any questions that come our way, with either the knowledge or the ability to find the right answer. We are completely knowledgeable of all our products and manufacturers we stock, what can be ordered, and where we can find info. We need to be able to guide customers throughout our store to enhance their shopping experience. We are here to give our energy and guidance in helping every customer to achieve their goals. To do this we make sure the customer has the best equipment to meet their needs. The only way to do this is to understand what their goal is by asking them questions. We look for lasting engagement with our customers by offering them our Price Match Guarantee, Rewards Points, and Service Guarantee. We always offer a creative focus on a positive shopping experience.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Bike repair, building, diagnostics, and tuning
- Help maintain a large bike rental fleet
- Maintain a minimum level of service parts
- Attention to detail with customer requests
- Maintain a tidy and organized workspace.
Our Senior Bicycle Mechanic / Ski Technician roll option will be responsible for:
- Tune and repair skis and snowboards
- Waxing for all snow/temperature conditions
- Mount bindings on a snowboard, downhill skis and Nordic skis
- Ski tuner operation and maintenance
- All aspects of a ski/snowboard shop
This job opportunity is open both to both internal and external candidates. Familiarization with Point of Sale systems would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of progressive service experience in Bicycle Mechanic roles enabling them to hit the ground running. Alternatively, training could be provided to a candidate with exceptional skills in one of the above areas. Having experience as a ski & snowboard technician is an asset as this job can also staff our ski shop in the winter, training and certification can be provided.
If you have experience in both bicycle and ski shops please see our job listing for our Senior Bicycle Mechanic/Ski Technician roll.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
We take the health and well being our staff and customers very seriously. All of our stores feature plexiglass barriers, hand sanitization stations, and everyone is required to wear a mask while visiting our stores/serving our customers.
- 1 year, Bike build & repair experience