The AML Compliance Investigator is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and associated Regulations. Reporting to the Senior Manager AML, Compliance Investigators play a key role in supporting and maintaining the AGLC Anti-Money Laundering program and Financial Transactions Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) compliance regime for all Casinos and Racing Entertainment Centers. This position will involve the review and submission of all applicable financial transactions. A critical component of this role involves conducting compliance reviews and risk assessments in order to develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risks related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
The nature of the work necessitates excellent time management and organizational skills. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required to liaise with and provide ongoing training to both internal and external stakeholders. This position is also responsible for providing direction and support to AGLC Investigators conducting money laundering and proceeds of crime related investigations.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in criminal investigation or in a regulatory compliance environment.
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies and procedures.
- Suitability to obtain Provincial Peace Officer Status (if required).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or experience in FINTRAC compliance is considered an asset.
- Experience in the use of open source investigational techniques, databases, conducting data analysis and related office technologies is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Casino/REC operations is considered an asset.
- Experience in the development and application of a risk management model would be an asset.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a security clearance and clean driver’s abstract prior to employment. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at https://aglc.ca/about-us/careers/current-opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,772.76 to $92,634.12 /year
- criminal investigation or/regulatory compliance environment: 5 years (Required)
- interpreting/applying legislation, policies and procedures: 1 year (Required)
- FINTRAC compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- * Knowledge of Casino/REC operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- diploma/degree in related field (Required)
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) (Preferred)