Old Dutch Foods Ltd has been the leader in the Snack Foods Industry since 1954. We are looking for a career-orientated person who enjoys sales and customer service. You must be self-motivated and enjoy a challenge. This is a full time position, with long-term career opportunities. Positions are available for Dryden, Ontario and Surrounding Area. Weekend work and out of town travel may be necessary. Weekends typically refer to Saturdays.
You will be required to sell and deliver our premium products to our large established customer base in the Dryden, Ontario and Surrounding Area. You will receive sufficient training that will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to work on your own. A valid driver’s license is required. Old Dutch Foods Ltd offers a competitive commission rate, benefits and future advancement within the company.
What are Route Sales Associates Duties & Responsibilities?
- Provide “Off Truck” Sales
- Merchandise, sell and deliver Old Dutch products to base customers
- Merchandise and rotate on display and shelves
- Manage inventory levels to ensure product is fresh at all times
- Manage a database in accordance to scheduled route
- Follow the set delivery frequency for each account
- Treat vehicles and equipment with courtesy and care
- Operate a handheld invoicing computer system
- It is expected the serve the customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education (Post-Secondary Education is an asset)
- Valid Class G Drivers License
- Ability to drive a 3-5 ton truck, standard transmission, and truck and trailer an asset
- Sales Experience a definite asset
- Must be able to understand and clearly discuss business measurements such as penny profit, profit margins, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit to fulfill the tasks required of this position (bending, twisting, kneeling, etc.)
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- A closer who meets/exceeds goals
- Directive personality – someone who can network (and connect quickly)
- Positive and Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail oriented – but with creativity to get the job done
- Strong drive to help others
- Competitive nature
- Drive for bottom line results
What we offer:
- An amazing corporate culture - that rewards creativity
- A supportive team that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A growing company with the opportunity for advancement
- An extremely competitive compensation plan
- Generous benefits program
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada.
2) Why you are you a good match for this role
3) Your desired remuneration (ball park)
If you do not include a cover letter in the above mentioned format - your resume will likely not be read.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Dryden, ON (Required)
- G (Required)