The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care and senior living across our eight homes in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a local family owned and operated care provider. TCG is a growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members with a good sense of humour.
Our Vision: To provide our residents with excellent care and quality of life.
Our Mission: To deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, community partners, and local health authorities.
Our Values: We believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal – a happy and healthy resident. We place the highest value on providing:
1. Respect for the individual and their rights
2. Quality of life and environment
3. Independence and choice
4. Collaboration with family and caregivers
5. Accountability and integrity
6. Development and support of great caregivers and team members
We are looking for a Registered Nurses to join our The Gardens at Qualicum Beach team in Qualicum Beach, B.C.
We have open LMIA available for candidates who have BC RN registration.
What is in for you?
Beyond the perks that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider we offer
3 months shared accommodation to a successful candidate and up to $3,000 in bonus
· Competitive salary
· Staff wellness programs
· Matched RRSP
· Paid days off
· Comprehensive benefit package including extended medical
· Opportunities for advanced learning and professional development
What does a Registered Nurse do?
- Resident admissions, discharges and transfers
- Resident assessments and care planning
- Administration of medications, treatments and wound care
- Proficient with electronic documentation (PointClickCare) and MDS Assessments
- Liaises with physicians, families and other members of the care team
- Delegates tasks to unregulated care providers
Charge Nurse responsibilities
Participates in Care Conferences and Medication reviews.
Shifts: FT, PT evening shifts and casual
Wage: as per the BCNU provincial agreement.
- Registered and in good standing with BCCNP
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Competent in electronic documentation and EMar
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Previous experience in Long Term Care Preferred
- All applicants for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that he/she has received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, The Gardens shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out his/her role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Retirement Living in The Gardens at Qualicum Beach includes independent, assisted living and residential care. The Gardens at Qualicum Beach is retirement living the picturesque beauty of Qualicum Beach, surrounded by colourful gardens, a lagoon and in the heart of town with shopping, golfing, dining and beaches nearby. As a premier residence, we provide three levels of care for seniors of all walks of life, from independent living to complex care. We are dedicated to our “resident-focused” philosophy and we strive to make you feel at home. With our personalized care and support, we have created a loving a caring environment for all who enter through our doors.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)