Launched in Whistler 2016 by 3 co-founders, gogglesoc is a fast-growing brand in the ski and snowboard market. We are now selling across 700+ doors, 17 countries and continue to expand.
gogglesoc is a stretchy microfibre goggle cover that offers people a convenient and affordable solution to scratching increasingly expensive goggles. Manufactured from post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, gogglesocs come in a variety of designs so that the product is fun & fashionable as well as functional.
We strive to be on trend, environmentally focused and agile to market conditions — making sure that we are market leaders in a product category that we have created.
We are seeking to hire a Junior Accountant to work out of our Squamish HQ starting June 1, 2019. The role will form an integral part of the gogglesoc Finance and Operations team and we want to work with someone who has a passion for and, ideally, experience within the winter sports industry.
As Junior Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining the financial records and day to day financial operations. This includes bookkeeping, management of accounts on Xero, preparation of reports and reporting directly to the Head of Finance. The ideal candidate will hold an accounting/bookkeeping qualification and/or have 2-3 years’ experience in industry working with small businesses.
As a young company, it is important that you can self-manage your workflow and get stuck into projects outside accounting when needed.
We are keen to build a strong and cohesive team so will work hard to make sure that you are satisfied in your role and lifestyle.
Maintain financial records
- Undertake bookkeeping for 1-2 years to get a deep understanding of the business
- Reconcile Bank & Forex accounts
- Work closely with operations to ensure invoicing is timely and accurate
- Ensure our financial records are up to date and accurate
- Own the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, making payments and follow ups with customers
- Manage our payroll and employee expense reimbursement process
- Manage the inputs and outputs of our inventory system
- Create and analyse financial reports for management
- Manage cashflow and help prepare forecasts
- Help develop accounting processes and controls
- Work together with our external accountants and partners
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
What you'll need
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A business relevant degree with a focus in accounting
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification in bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Self-motivated, reliable and diligent attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly and run with it
- Strong computer literacy — including Excel, Word, Google Sheets, Xero
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, content to work independently
- Ideally you would work at least 3 to 4 days per week in the Squamish office and match when the Head of Finance is in the office, with the rest potentially remote depending on the circumstances
- Ready to join by end of April, using May to get comfortable with the business and physically move into the office 1 June
- Starting salary will be dependent on experience but will be competitive
- Perks to be decided but there will be some relating to the ski industry and relevant to you
Job Type: Full-time