CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Manager, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) will assist the Chief Compliance Offer and Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer in managing the AML/ATF Compliance program in accordance with CIBC Mellon’s RCM policy and all applicable regulatory requirements. The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of CIBC Mellon’s AML/ATF program within the Corporate Compliance Team. Reporting to the CCO and CAMLO, the Manager will successfully execute the activities and workflow of the assigned program areas including overseeing activity assigned to the AML analyst(s).
- In conjunction with the VP CCO and CAMLO, the Manager will continuously enhance and manage CIBC Mellon’s AMLATF program, including identifying, assessing and maintaining AMLATF regulatory requirements applicable to CIBC Mellon;
- Provide subject matter expertise for assigned areas of the Corporate AMLATF Program (including investigations, Suspicious Transaction Reporting, training initiatives, special projects, etc.);
- Work with Risk and Compliance Directors to provide support and guidance to business units;
- Complete client reviews and client risk assessments of all prospects and existing clients in accordance with regulatory requirements, CIBC Mellon policies, procedures and the client risk rating (CRR) methodology;
- Complete high-level risk assessments of all prospects and existing clients in accordance with regulatory requirements, CIBC Mellon policies, procedures and the client risk rating (CRR) methodology;
- Conduct screening of clients and related parties, against applicable sanctions, terrorist, Do-Not-Do-Business-With lists etc., and remediate partial and/or true matches against such lists; and
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the AML/ATF Analysts to ensure team productivity is consistent and efficient.
- Provide expertise/guidance and support on special projects as assigned. For example, system migration projects, regulatory changes, process enhancements, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry practices, applicable laws, guidelines and regulations.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness, compliance and control as an integral part of effectively managing operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risk.
- Collaborate with Compliance team and stakeholders to continually enhance the AML/ATF/KYC activities; delivering solutions that work for internal clients, supporting a goal-completion valued culture and aligning goals and priorities to strategic direction of CIBC Mellon.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an AML Compliance role in financial services
- Knowledge of OSFI E-13 and risk and control frameworks
- Microsoft Office; strong working knowledge of Excel
- Analytical skills
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better