Field Service Technician
Located in Burnaby
If you consider yourself to have a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, with excellent organization and communication skills, combined with a love of customer-service then this position is for you! As a Field Service Technician, you will have the luxury of creating your own service schedule, assisting a wide variety of clients with their equipment repairs and maintenance.
If you are looking to grow with an expanding company, working effectively with minimal supervision and are available for extensive corporate training in the US, then please apply within. This is a mobile position based out of Burnaby, BC.
- Salary: $45,000
- Company vehicle provided
- Group Health and Pension Benefits (after probation period)
- Growth opportunties
- Coordinating service schedule with dispatcher
- Set-up, repair, maintain, evaluate any defects, and inspect client owned and loaned machines (on-site)
- Complete work orders on mobile device (PDA)
- Organize parts inventory, and track shipping and receiving
- Provide assistance to other field technicians and sales reps
- Set-up and configure equipment for client demos
- Order equipment, supplies, parts as needed for office and client work orders
- Help identify any sales opportunities and submit them to Regional Sales Rep
- Provide in-person and over-the-phone customer support and service
Four easy ways to apply:
1. E-mail resume to Elaine:
- 3-5 years experience as a field service technician
- Must be able to pass a written electrical and mechanical aptitude test
- Experience with maintenance of ATMS, coin and currency products (asset)
- Valid driver’s license
2. Apply online:
3. Drop resume off in person:
809 Columbia Street, New Westminster BC (located @ New West Skytrain station located on the main floor facing on Columbia Street next to Shopper Drug Mart)
4. Call Elaine @ 604.636.3079
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.