Location/Project: ** Huxley, AB
Estimated Job Duration: ** 6 Months
Position Summary: ** The Field Secretary is responsible for routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence,organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, timekeeping, coordination between the field and corporate office, and providing information to callers and visitors.
Position Responsibilities: **
- Timekeeping for all employees on site, including roll call, tracking of hours, and completing and submitting time sheets.
- Greeting visitors and callers, handling their inquiries and directing them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Printing and filing blueprints, purchase orders, bill of materials, etc.
- Coding, scanning, and submitting invoices and receipts.
- Managing all aspects of new hire paperwork, orientation, and pre-employment drug testing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creating Daily Work Reports in our online database.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the office and break trailer, including but not limited to sweeping and mopping floors.
- Completing errands such as purchasing tools and supplies, picking up the mail, etc.
- Following directions of the Superintendent for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Position Qualifications: **
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers in order to complete word processing tasks, create spreadsheets, and communicate via email.
- Must be able to run office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment, abide by all of the company's field safety rules, and work with supervisors on performing all tasks in the safest manner.
- Must be comfortable in a construction environment.
- Candidates who possess a basic knowledge of construction hardware are preferred.
** Requires sitting,standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 20 kgs. A normal range of hearing and vision is required.
Hours: ** Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. Estimated at 45 hours per week. Weekend work and additional daily work may be required during peak construction periods.
Working Conditions: ** Position is located on the construction site. May include exposure to noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Application: ** To apply online, click "apply". To apply in person, visit our jobsite at the address listed below.
Todd & Sargent
Hwy 21 & TR 342
Huxley, AB T0M 0Z0
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Todd & Sargent is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /year