Law Firm in North East York Region requires a residential Real Estate and Wills Lawyer to able to handle all matters from file opening to closing. The ideal candidate will have experience in both of these areas. This position is full-time. Compensation is salary plus bonus.
The responsibilities of this position include:
· Managing client files;
· Processing residential sale, purchase (& interim closings), mortgage and title related matters;
· Corresponding with clients, real estate agents, builders’ lawyer and other parties;
· Inputting file information and proficiency in Conveyancer/Unity, Teraview and PCLaw;
· Reviewing title and submitting requisitions;
· Carrying out all closing process and procedures;
· Assisting with final report to clients and lenders; and
· Schedule appointments and meetings.
· Work closely with clients to develop estate plans;
· Take client instructions and advise accordingly;
· Prepare wills, powers of attorney for personal care and property;
· Inputting fie information into computer program;
· Prepare interim and final reports to clients; and
· Corresponding with clients to answer questions and concerns.
The ideal candidate will possess 2 years ++ experience in Real Estate Law and Wills with at least 4+ years as a practicing lawyer. They will have superior interpersonal skills, be very well organized and possess excellent time management skills. The successful candidate is able to immediately work on completing real estate transactions and preparing wills and powers of attorney for clients. They will be able to work efficiently in a busy office, both independently and in a team environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent