Job Title: Senior Bookkeeper
Location: Toronto Office, Hybrid
Join Fuller Landau:
You’ll be part of a collaborative team that supports your success and welcomes your ideas and ambition. Our professional commitment is also personal.
The Senior Bookkeeper will provide a range of outsourced bookkeeping services both in-house and at the client’s offices. This role will assist with full cycle bookkeeping, payroll, government filings and general business advice.
Your major responsibilities
- Bookkeeping to trial balance, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, cheque runs and account analysis
- Investment accounting bookkeeping (dealing with portfolios, handling dividends, capital gains and the corresponding T3 and T5 work)
- Preparation of client payroll using internet payroll service providers (Payweb, Ceridian and ADP)
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2 & T3) including tax and regulatory forms (T4, T5, HST, EHT & WSIB)
- Drafting correspondence related to client engagements
What we look for
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience working at an accounting firm
- Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel, and highly computer literate overall
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks Desktop, QBO, Sage and Xero
- Experience in QBO ecosystem third party apps – Hubdoc, Plooto, Receipt Bank etc.
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview and Tax Preparation is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Organizational skills for prioritizing demands and work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must have a strong commitment to quality
- Solid understanding of business professionalism
- Able to successfully work in a team environment
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package, including an annual performance-based bonus
- Balance your work and personal life through flexible hours and hybrid working
- Additional paid time off during the summer
- A comprehensible and competitive group RRSP and Benefits plan
- Commitment to your career development with clearly defined career roadmaps
- Mentorship and support to any team member pursuing their CPA designation
- Rigorous and ongoing training that’s customized to your interests, as well as extensive ongoing education to keep you up to date on the latest industry information
- Various committees to celebrate and support the interests of our team members, including our Fun Committee and Process Improvement Committee
- A weekly on-site massage therapist and healthy snacks during busy season
- An opportunity to give back to the community through our very own Fuller Giving Foundation
About Fuller Landau
We are an accounting, tax, and advisory firm with a team of over 150 people.
Our clients are leaders of private businesses, high net worth families, and the advisors who serve them.
You’ll be a part of a collaborative team that supports your success and welcomes your ideas and ambition.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Fuller Landau is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where differences are valued and celebrated. We believe that fostering an inclusive environment allows our team to reach their full potential by enabling you to bring your true-self to work. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
Fuller Landau is committed to breaking down barriers and welcoming people with disabilities. If you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process, let us know how we can help!
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, apply online at https://fullerllp.com/join-the-team/
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have extensive experience with QBO?
- Are you pursuing or have completed your CPB designation?
- public accounting: 3 years (required)
- bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON