The South Bruce Grey Health Centre (SBGHC) serves a community of approximately 44,000 people, plus 10,000 seasonal residents and 30,000 tourists across four rural hospital sites located in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley and Durham. Our staff of approximately 400 are proud to work at these facilities, all of which offer 24-hour emergency care. Other services include acute, coronary care, obstetrical, surgical and full range of diagnostic and ambulatory care services.
Applications are currently being accepted for a Casual multi-site Medical Laboratory Assistant, administratively attached to the Kincardine site of the South Bruce Grey Health Centre with shifts assigned to the Walkerton and Durham sites as required.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for position:
- Successful completion of an approved Laboratory Assistant program
- MLPAO certificate required
- Recent experience in all aspects of phlebotomy, urinalysis set up preferred
- Instrument set up and loading
- Knowledge of Point of Care analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-directed to work independently with minimal supervision and also able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Possess strong computer skills using a variety of software
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to maintain accurate records and documentation
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of and adherence to SBGHC Core Values (Leadership, Integrity, Excellence, Empathy, Accountability, Collaboration and Safety First)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at SBGHC through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Recent satisfactory performance with demonstrated excellence in attendance required
- Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and infection control principles
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Job Type: Casual