Who is BigRed
BigRedWorks is a cottage maintenance company servicing the cottagers of Georgian Bay- more specifically those that cottage in Honey Harbour, Cognashene, & Go Home Bay. We provide an array of services including – opening and winterizing, barging, property maintenance, painting and more – check our website (www.bigredworks.com) for a complete list.
About 95% of our customers own island properties; therefore our company is water based and we utilize boats and barges to service our customers needs. Our company was founded in 2006 and since that time we have hired primarily high school and university students. We are a growing business with a solid reputation and we do what it takes to keep up with our clients’ demands and tight timelines throughout the cottage season. The environment is fast paced and always changing but we believe nothing beats working on the water. Our crew is always high energy and we have a ton of fun on and off the water. If you enjoy working with people who are motivated, hard working and know how to have a good time, this job just might be the perfect fit!
BigRedWorks Value Statement
At BigRedWorks we care deeply about our employees, our customers and our equipment. This is why we make safety our top priority. We value hard work done efficiently and we show up, no matter the task, ready to perform. While we realize there is a job at hand, we always do our best to enjoy what we are doing. We are lucky to work in a such a beautiful place and we don’t take that for granted. We greet all of our customers with a smile and a firm handshake and speak to them with respect and a positive attitude. We present ourselves in a professional manner which builds trust and loyalty. We always find a way to get the job done and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes. We stand for our commitments.
Our 5 Pillars of Value:
We Care- We ensure that our employees feel safe and supported on and off the job site. We ensure we communicate frequently and effectively with our customers throughout their projects and answer their questions quickly. We ensure that all of our equipment is well maintained and cared for. Our goal is to make sure that safety is always top of mind, our customers are always satisfied and our equipment is ready when we need it to be.
Hard work done efficiently- No matter the job we want to show up and be ready to go when the time comes. Whether moving rocks or fixing a dock or delivering a refrigerator, we complete all of the tasks assigned to us with determination. We look for ways to speed up the process while always taking safety into account.
Cohesive unit- The jobs may not always be easy but working with an energetic and enthusiastic crew make the jobs more enjoyable. The banter and camaraderie are always present and everyone feels included. No one is above anyone else and everyone is willing to get their hands dirty.
Trusted & friendly- We are well groomed, polite, kind and personable. We show up in our red shirts every day and are ambassadors for the company. When we meet customers we greet them with a firm handshake and a can do attitude. We ensure that all interactions with customers are positive and productive
Curious problem solvers- We look at a problem or unexpected event as a chance to find a solution. We are motivated to problem solve and work with the tools we have to overcome any obstacle - should that be a mechanical issue or a customer service issue. We are always looking for innovative solutions and we aren’t afraid to try out new ideas or techniques.
Brand Commitment Statement
Our customers know that when they chose BigRedWorks they can relax. They know our crews are hard working and well trained. They know that we are energetic and trustworthy and we will deliver exactly what was asked - with a smile - every time. And if for some reason we don’t deliver, we do what needs to be done to maintain the longstanding relationship we strive to build with all customers. At the end of the day, our customers will always be glad they chose to hire BigRed.
BigRed is seeking someone to fill the roll of Customer Service / Office Administrator. Someone who can perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for our fast paced company. We need someone who can communicate efficiently with staff and customers, keep emails/phone calls documented, organize jobs and invoices effectively and use a variety of apps and computer programs to manage the work flow. They must be able to work with little supervision and be able to prioritize and make decisions on the fly.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a cottage industry or seasonal environment and knows what it is like to work in a fast paced atmosphere. We need someone who is tech savvy and can navigate a computer and iPhone quickly and efficiently. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a must. The ability to use mobile apps such as Trello, Google Maps, Google Calendar, GMail, & T-Sheets are also critical. The perfect candidate would be someone who is a quick learner and has a great memory for names and faces. They would also be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask.
If you think you would be a good fit for our company, please email us a resume and cover letter. In order to be offered an interview please start your cover letter with: This job at BigRed was made for me because…
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Include scheduling work for upcoming day/week
- Prioritize items for the upcoming day
- Accurately track jobs/tasks in Trello/Quickbooks and on Google Calendar
- Answer, screen and document phone calls
- Read, sort and screen emails
- Review Timesheets and edit appropriately
- Collect photos for the end of the year calendar
- Maintain financial records
- Update Quickbooks with cheques and e-transfers
- Organize and maintain bills
- Get statements ready for reconciling
- Update Quickbooks using App called Mint
- Maintain employee records
- Ensure all information is kept up to date
- Ensure proper training has taken place and has been documented
- Calendar – organize and help build
- Uniforms – order as necessary
- Signs - order as necessary
- Website and advertising – update as necessary
- Problem solve and deal with daily issues
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for staff/mangers/owners
- Prepare agendas and document minutes of meetings
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Product Sales - Muskoka Chairs, Flagpoles, Saunas, Dock Umbrella's etc.
- Deal with deliveries, invoicing and purchasing of the products
- Prepare and modify documents
- Includes correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
Education and Experience
- University/college with office administration or business background * Experience
- Employment experience in service businesses is an asset
- Employment experience in seasonal/cottage based business is an asset * Computer skills
- Good understanding of the following programs or willingness to learn is required:
- Microsoft word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Maps, Gmail, Quickbooks, Trello, Mint, TSheets,
- Applicant must be computer literate and not afraid to use new programs/applications
- Knowledge of photoshop an asset * Office Management
- Knowledge of filing systems and procedures * Ability to operate:
- iPhone, computer, scanner, photocopier
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Able to problem solve and assess situations accordingly
- Monitoring and gathering information
- Ability to work well with a team
- Customer service orientation
- Compensation will be based on past experience and skill set. For the right candidate we are willing to offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $26.00 /hour
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)