The Central East Correctional Centre of the Ministry of the Solicitor General is seeking an experienced Social Worker to provide professional social work services to offenders.
If you are an outstanding professional with a passion for social work and want to make a difference in people's lives, don't miss this unique opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Complete bio-psycho-social, suicide, mental health, risk/needs and clinical assessments and reports for the purposes of crisis intervention, counselling, classification, rehabilitative programs, reintegration planning and parole proceedings
- Conduct individual and/or group counselling and case work sessions
- Provide individual and/or group rehabilitative programming
- Plan, develop and deliver rehabilitative treatment programs and intervention strategies to address the social, emotional, criminogenic and/or psychological needs of offenders
- Explore community resources and facilitate referrals for offenders re-entering into the community
How do I qualify?
- You are currently registered as a Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- You have knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the application of clinical social work theories, principles and practices normally acquired through a Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work
- You are able to develop rehabilitative treatment plans from a social work and psychosocial rehabilitation perspective
- You have experience conducting individual/group therapy and crisis intervention
- You have knowledge of community support services to assist offenders in formulating discharge plans
Superior Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can individual counselling, evaluation, and assessment services to offenders with complex needs
- You are able to connect and build rapport with a diverse client population with varied cultural, ethnic, and educational backgrounds
- You have experience working within a multi-disciplinary setting including community agencies
- You have proven tact, discretion and sensitivity to discuss problems/options with offenders and maintain confidentiality
Strong Analytical, Assessment, and Problem-Solving Skills
- You can apply appropriate intervention and program treatment services as well as resolve conflict or issues
- You can interpret relevant legislation and policies (i.e. Ministry of Correctional Services Act, FIPPA, etc.)
- You are able to understand and apply operational policies and procedures
Other Essential Skills
- You have organizational skills to manage conflicting priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain records
- You are proficient with computers and related software and database systems to input and retrieve inmate data, prepare reports and maintain case documentation and statistics
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 541 Highway 36, Lindsay, East Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Health and Social Services
Monday, April 6, 2020
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.