RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The Research Assistant will be a main actor in the launch of the new principal investigator’s research program. The work will be focused on clinical biostatistics and is supported by generous startup funds for 3 years. The Research Associate will be a pivotal member of the group and will be responsible for all managerial aspects of the research projects.
- Acts as the lead coordinator of heart failure and cardiovascular studies,
- Provides biostatistical expertise,
- Ensures data management, including entry, analysis, interpretation and presentation,
- Assists with ethics submissions, research protocols, literature reviews, and grant preparation,
- Participates in writing and producing the final version of publications,
- Manages the portfolio of projects, including hands on the budgets,
- Collaborates with diverse hospital personnel and scientific collaborators,
- Trains and supervises interns, students and fellows,
- Organizes and attends videos and teleconferences regarding projects,
- Conducts internet searches to identify potential future grant opportunities,
- Communicates rapidly and effectively with staff through email, slack, or other strategies.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- MSc in biostatistics or a related field,
- Fluent in English. Working proficiency in French is an asset,
- Strong skills in using statistical software such as R, SAS, or Stata,
- Good communication and organizational skills,
- Previous experience with biostatistics using clinical trial data or other clinical data an asset,
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, time-manage, and solve problems,
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and others),
- Experience with ethics submissions (using Nagano) and responding to comments from the Ethics Board is an asset,
- Experience in project management (either in industry or academics) is a definite asset.
Full time, 1-year renewable contract
Pay Scale :
Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift :
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site :
Glen Site - 1001 Decarie Boulevard, Montreal, QC, H4A 3J1
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.