This is a temporary position until Aug 28, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Shift Times: 9:00 PM - 5:30 AM MON-FRIDAY and Overtime as required.
Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Worker is responsible for sanitizing the further processing plant including the production equipment and systems.
Accountable to accurately and efficiently perform duties required to clean and sanitize processing equipment and the facility
o Cleaning and maintaining the interior of the plant, including but not limited to: floors, walls, ceilings, overhead pipes and fixtures
o Cleaning all the processing equipment used in the preparation and packaging of further processed products.
Responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of production equipment according to the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures outlined by the Company
Efficiently disassembles and assembles production equipment as required for proper cleaning
Accountable to adhere to and utilize Company policies and procedures, and HACCP regulations.
Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and visitors
Required to handle and work with raw or cooked meat (turkey, chicken, pork, or beef).
Other duties and tasks as assigned
Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in food production is an asset.
- Physical Effort – Continuously standing or walking, with a moderate amount of bending and crouching. Regular requirement to lift, handle or carry material or equipment of a moderate weight.
- Physical Environment – Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes. Works in a wet and humid environment, using chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing. Modest possibility of discomfort and/or some risk of accident or illness.
- Sensory Attention – There is a regular need to pay attention, by hearing or seeing, to what is happening in your surroundings.
- Mental Stress – There is some modest pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards. Work is somewhat repetitious.
Job Type: Temporary
- 8 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
- Sanitation: 1 year (Preferred)