Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
Department Managers are responsible for the sales results and daily management of their area. This includes executing marketing campaigns, managing inventory and participating in meetings in addition to the duties of a sales associate.
Wages starting at: $16.00
- Leads department by demonstrating the highest standards of safety, customer service and merchandising
- Communicates information and priorities to associates and ensures they have the direction and tools needed to complete their tasks
- Manages associate performance through feedback and identifying training opportunities
- Handles associate and customer concerns in a fair and professional manner
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivates others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Experience in retail sales and supervision is preferred
- A knowledge of department products is an asset
- Typical career steps are to manage larger departments prior to becoming an assistant store manager.
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour