Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
For this role, we are open to remote work.
The Test Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables throughout the agile development lifecycle. You are passionate about software quality and enjoy finding defects in the software and writing automation scripts. You will be working closely with Developers, QAs, Professional Services, Technical Product Managers, and Technical Writing throughout the development process to ensure high quality deliverables.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and software testing related experience.
- Actively participate in test automation initiatives
- Coordinate with developers, QA analysts and product owners to produce stable, maintainable, and reliable automated tests
- Participate in the creation and execution of test plans and test cases
- Ensure automated tests are effectively covering new product features and associated requirements
- Analyze automated test results and improve automated test coverage to maintain product quality
- Investigate, report, and track product failures to resolution
- Be adaptable in learning new methodologies and technologies to improve the automated testing processes
- Identify and escalate issues related to plan and quality
- Become a product expert in the functional domain and gain technical knowledge in all areas
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functions are added
- College or University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a software quality role with hands on experience creating automated test scripts
- Experience and knowledge in Object Oriented Programming using C# / Java
- Experience creating and maintaining automated test scripts preferably in FitNesse
- Experience working with UI testing
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and relevant quality assurance concepts
- Strong investigation and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience in enterprise software development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and cloud computing
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.