We currently have an opening for an Lead Hand based out of our Calgary Facility located at 10351 46 Street SE. This is a full time Monday - Friday day shift and the occasional weekends.
This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Supervisor in order to maximize production, minimize costs and to ensure a safe and efficient work environment. This position will be responsible for monitoring the Sort Line equipment and assisting with routine efficiency maintenance issues (material jams, chute plug ups, etc.).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Being at work at or before 6:30am sharp and starting the line.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized by all staff before they go up on the line.
- Must be compliant and fully trained in Lock Out Tag Out procedures and adhered to consistently.
- Assisting with all jam ups, downtime and other issues that need immediate attention in the Plant.
- Supervising/monitoring employee performance to ensure they are meeting Company expectations. Assisting with the training of all new employees.
- Maintaining a constant rotation to ensure jam ups are avoided.
- If any employee is injured on the job, informing the supervisor (s) immediately as well administering first aid (if required).
- Once the inventory of the safety materials is delivered, taking the initiative to stack them away in the storage room.
- Daily communication with the Sort Line Supervisors of all the issues that the sort line is facing in terms of productivity and quality.
- Actively get the appropriate assistance during jams rather than asking for the supervisors to come for help every time.
- Assist the Plant Supervisor with the operation of the single stream sort line to meet production requirements and targets.
- Ensure that all daily housekeeping duties relevant to the sort line are completed.
- The occasional requirement to provide relief/support to the Plant Supervisor and/or to fill in for vacant positions and/or provide relief coverage for unscheduled absences.
- Reporting of personnel issues and incidents to the Plant Supervisor and/or Human Resources Department.
- Other duties as required.
- The incumbent must possess basic reading, comprehension and mathematical skills.
- Should have experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be able to operate all required equipment on the Sort Line.
- Must demonstrate the capability of meeting the above requirements for this position.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated 1 - 2 years’ experience in a plant environment in a leadership role would be an asset.
- The starting wage rate for this position will be based on qualifications and experience, with further increases after successful completion of probationary period.
- The Company also offers group benefits (extended health, dental, life insurance, LTD, RRSP, EFAP, etc.).
- Company safety shoe allowance.
- Overtime available after 8 hours.
- Profit sharing plan.
If you are looking for a job with an industry leader that offers long-term employment and regular hours, please submit your resume.
About The Company
Founded in 1964, Cascades Inc . produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibres. Cascades' Specialty Products Group (SPG ), a division of Cascades Inc., is a pillar in the industrial and consumer packaging, recovery and recycling sectors.
Cascades Recovery+, an SPG business unit, secures the supply of raw materials for Cascades and external mills, in its position as market leader in the discarded materials industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to business constraints only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- warehousing: 1 year (Preferred)
- leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)