About Xcel Source
Xcel Source is an independently Canadian-owned and operated technology distribution company that has been in business for over 28 years. At Xcel, you are not just another number as each and every employee has a bigger stake in the business and you are not just another person but will be a key contributor. We are more of a family vs just another place to work.
We are looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the shipping and receiving department, including receiving, verifying, and stocking incoming materials and supplies, packing and shipping orders, and tracking shipments. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have strong attention to detail.
- Picking, checking & Packing orders
- Use courier computer software for all outbound shipments to obtain waybill numbers and enter shipment information (customer name, box weight, height, width, payment terms, etc.)
- Filling out correct paperwork for all international orders
- Track any under-over and other shipping mistakes.
- Confirm customer information on all outgoing orders.
- Addressing any problematic or questionable orders
- Preparation of boxes and other supplies needed by the department.
- Scheduling courier for specific pick-ups
- Making sure that all pick-up orders are kept current.
- Receiving, counting, and putting away incoming inventory
- Entering all information into the receiving P.O
- Addressing any over or under shipments
- Sending the Accounting department an email as inventory comes in the door.
- Removing all Vendor labels from incoming boxes
- Managing bin location numbers were necessary.
- Receiving customer-returned orders in the computer system.
- Emailing software codes to customers requesting codes on their orders
- Scanning products for website uploads
- Leading warehouse team by providing training, answering questions, supervising, and directing them on task delegation.
- Operating forklift
- Proficient in Windows OS, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Skilled in basic computer office tasks such as document creation, data entry, and spreadsheet management.
- Skilled forklift driver with experience operating industrial forklifts. Responsible for loading, unloading, and transporting materials within the warehouse, ensuring safety and efficiency.
- Standing for long periods
- Repeated movements
- Walking from one side of the warehouse to the other
- Reaching for high items, or using a ladder where necessary
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on occasions
- The average daily lifting is 25 pounds per box.
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$41,600.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5L 0A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person