4Refuel Canada LP is one of North America’s fastest growing fuel logistics companies. As Canada’s largest and most experienced mobile refueller, 4Refuel has dominated the direct-to-equipment market for over 15 years and ranks among the country’s largest fuel buyers.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor performs a range of duties supporting divisional managers and employees. The primary focus will be in supporting the strategic environmental, health and safety goals and targets in order to drive continuous performance improvements across the operations and business unit, as well as ensuring the operations and facilities are in compliance with all relevant EHS legal requirements.
Bilingual (English & French) is a must have
Major Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain effective EHS programs and processes.
- Provide active mentorship and support to the site operations management teams regarding, safety strategies, priorities, risks, activities and projects necessary to attain EH&S goals.
- Conduct routine BTU (Business Team Unit) inspections with site management including hazard assessments, reviewing incident investigations and root cause determination, performing EH&S audits, and providing recommendations to the Operations Manager, driving continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources department, to manage WC injury claims to minimize cost and close cases promptly.
- Conduct periodic EHS program analysis, provide reports and metrics to the business leadership and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Track and manage 4Refuel KPI via the Simply Safety software / other tools.
- Develop and modify training, awareness and communication for EH&S at the organization.
- Active involvement in emergency response to provide specialist advice to operations.
- Perform legal compliance audits and ensure the compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Liaise with external parties including regulatory and customer EH&S.
- High-level customer service, ability to work independently on projects and to participate on multiple department teams are key to joining this team.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Minimum of 5 years of safety programs knowledge is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of environmental compliance programs and EH&S Management Systems knowledge is a requirement.
- Strong knowledge in OHS & TDG regulations in multi-jurisdictional areas of Canada (ON, QC, NS & NB).
Education & Experience:
- Train, influence and motivate team members
- Implement operations ergonomic improvements and risk reduction programs.
- Certificate or Degree in EH&S related area of study with a highly preferred emphasis on compliance.
- A minimum of 8 years in EH&S program management, with 3 years of transportation industry experience in EH&S regulatory compliance required. Experience in transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) is considered an asset.
- Experience with various provincial environment (ON,QC,NS &NB), health & safety regulations (Work experience or training in OSHAS 18001/ ISO 45001, ISO 9001, 14001)
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Additional EHS certifications (E.G. CRSP) also considered/preferred.
- Bilingual (English & French) is a must have
What you get:
- Shop & Office environment along with Travel to BTUs in Eastern Canada (ON, QC, NS, NB)
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Benefit package including medical, dental and vision
- Comprehensive training program
Thank you for your interest in applying, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
4Refuel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.