About Shehoma Production Inc.
At Shehoma Production, we design and manufacture public and medical face masks. It is our goal to supply a safe and high-quality product that exceeds our customers’ expectations. Every person employed by Shehoma strives to improve and learn. We continually look for new processes and technology that makes us more productive and ensures we keep pace with the industry we serve.
Shehoma Production Inc. in Hamilton, Ontario is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Sales Representative to perform a variety of tasks at our facility. As an Administrative Assistant/Sales Representative it will be your responsibility to organize and perform a range of administrative and sales duties that require a thorough understanding of established functions, policies, and procedures.
- 20 hours weekly
- Possibility of changing to a full-time position within 3-6 months
The administrative assistant role will include, but is not limited to: entering relevant data into electronic software program, working both individually and as a team member of a highly functioning team; in a fast paced, high-volume work environment, using active listening skills in inbound calls, managing outbound calls to clients and customers, data entry, stocking & organizing books and managing faxes.
The sales representative role will include, targeting new customers, marketing our products and services whilst providing prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. You will be cold calling businesses all over Canada with a view to selling over the phone or scheduling appointments for one of our representatives. There is also a need to respond to inquiries that are received over the phone or via our website as well as dealing with our existing customer base.
Main Job Duties
Administrative Assistant Role
- Plan and organize meetings and events.
- Setting up meetings in employee calendars.
- Making spreadsheets, PowerPoint's or any other document that may be needed.
- Collect, verify, and input data into a variety of spreadsheets and databases.
- General office duties (answering phones, responding to emails, filing, etc.).
- Coordinate any travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Provide support to team with any administrative tasks they may need done.
- Answer or redirect general inquiries by telephone and via email and respond independently to inquiries that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to screen telephone calls and notify appropriate personnel.
- Monitor budgets and reconcile accounts. Complete financial forms such as travel expense reports, electronic cheque requisitions, purchase orders and journal entries.
- Schedule and coordinate a variety of meetings and events including but not limited to agendas and travel arrangements.
- Write a variety of documents such as correspondence, procedure manuals, reports, and minutes as needed.
- Conduct database, literature, and web searches to find references and articles used for a variety of documents, reports, and publications.
- Provide policy and procedure information to others.
- Gather and compile the paperwork required to facilitate hiring and payment processes.
- Coordinate the calendar of supervisor and others and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Update and maintain information on websites and social networks.
- Format, word process, edit, and proofread a variety of documents and materials.
- Apply standard mathematical skills such as calculations, formulas, and equations to perform routine calculations.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Source and obtain pricing information for office supplies and equipment.
- Set up and maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Classify, sort, and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Update and maintain confidential files and records.
- Handle sensitive material in accordance with established policies.
- Assemble, copy, collate, and disseminate a variety of documents and materials.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Prepare outgoing mail, faxes, and courier shipments.
Sales Representative Role
- Handle customer calls and inquiries
- Cold calling businesses all over Canada
- Develop and maintain relationships and networks of potential customers
- Identify opportunities and new lead generation
- Follow up with potential and current customers
- Validate each sale made versus purchases to verify profitability before finalizing the transaction
- Interact with other customer service teams as necessary to provide support
- Work with customer service manager to collaboratively solve urgent issues
- Updating or overwriting customer data and other administration as required
- Develop a customer base through social media and paid advertising
- Develop, in collaboration with the Director, the business strategy and positioning of the business
- Solid character
- Team focused
- Strong reasoning abilities
- Good communication skills
- Must have some experience in sales/telemarketing.
- College or higher.
- 5 years of experience is preferred.
- French speaking is a plus
A low level of physical effort is required.
Medium level of mental effort overall:
- High attention to details.
- Coordinating with production, accounting.
- This position occurs in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Exposure to minor noise, and variable temperatures is common.
- The use of personal protective equipment is mandatory on occasional basis.
- The use of company mandated uniform/dress code is mandatory (long sleeve shirts/pants, hairnets, gloves, etc.) on occasional basis.
Knowledge and Skills
- Medium knowledge of using a PC is a must.
- Medium knowledge of using MS Office productivity suite; Word, Excel, Power Point is a must. Advanced proficiency is a plus.
- Must have some sales/telemarketing background.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge is a plus.
- Lockout training.
- Full-time, Part-time, + Commission
- $16-$18 /hour + Commission
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Commission
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- sale representative: 3 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Required)
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls