Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities are locally owned and its mandate is to operate quality, affordable seniors’ retirement buildings. Lifestyle Options takes tremendous pride in operating supportive retirement communities with professional staff that foster healthy aging and focus on the needs of each individual.
We are currently recruiting for a Receptionist for our *BRAND NEW* Schonsee facility in North-side Edmonton, AB.
The Receptionist is the first impression of our building! Providing superior customer service with a smile and acting as the face of our company with residents, visitors and guests is what this role is all about!
If you are experienced in reception/administration, naturally positive and friendly with a customer service oriented disposition and enjoy working with the public, then this role is for you!
The Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of the administration department. This includes coordinating and communicating building activities (including tours and bookings), opening front entry to greet and screen residents and visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, and scheduling appointments. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
This position is a Full Time, Permanent position.
Hours 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Provide administrative support to all site departments.
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions such as bus tickets, collecting resident outing fees, tuck shop purchases (if applicable).
- May facilitate some payments and paperwork in related to resident living.
- Complete and review front desk floats and balance reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Maintain a professional image and friendly demeanor with all residents, employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Prepare documentation and book space for meetings
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Superior typing and dicta-typing skills.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- General mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Current and clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check a requirement.
- Excellent Benefits, including a Health and Wellness spending account
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Free underground, heated parking
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Reception/Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Edmonton (Preferred)