This position is in Broadview, Saskatchewan, 1.5 hours from Regina down the double lane #1 highway. Please do not apply unless you are willing to commute from where you live, or willing to relocate to Broadview SK. Preference will be given to candidates who will relocate. Broadview is a safe, quiet town with all services present in the community: affordable housing, grocery, restaurants, gas station, banking, insurance, churches, schools, pharmacy, etc.
We are looking for compassionate, caring individuals with a strong work ethic who enjoy working with seniors. We offer a very pleasant work environment in our 15-bed seniors' care home, where you will be supporting our residents with their personal care, and their emotional well-being. We provide a flexible schedule, and opportunities for advancement within our company for the right candidates.
You must have a clear criminal record check, and be responsible and trustworthy. We also look for candidates with outgoing, friendly personalities who are enthusiastic about helping others and working as a team.
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Application deadline: 2021-03-24
Expected start date: 2021-04-01
Related keywords: caregiver, personal support worker, psw
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
At this time our caregivers must mask while in the personal care home. We also prefer that our staff are vaccinated for Covid-19, are be willing to do so.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Are you willing to complete required training for this position as needed by the Ministry of Health?
- childrens' or senior's care: 1 year (preferred)
- English WELL and can write English WELL (required)
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Maintaining clients' health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place