Job Title: Control Systems Planner or Certified Electronic Control Specialist
Reporting to: Manager – Integrated Solutions
Location: Winnipeg, MB or any major Applied center in Western Canada
As a Certified Electronic Control Specialist at Applied Industrial Technologies, you will utilize your strong programming skills to develop electronic controller and HMI programs for mobile fluid power equipment control systems. While in the Integrated Solutions Group, you will also be collaborating with the Technical Support Group, sales teams, customers and vendors across Western Canada. Your involvement in these projects will begin at the preliminary stages of concept and design and carry through to project completion, commissioning and after sales support. Your contribution to the Integrated Solutions Group will focus on integrated fluid power systems and OEM customers which will play a significant role in the fluid power growth objectives of the company.
- Developing and testing ECU and HMI programs for electronic control systems.
- Collaborating with AIT teams, customers & vendors.
- Developing scope of work and functional specification documents.
- Creation of specialized function blocks and advanced control logic.
- Mobile equipment electrical diagrams and wiring harness design.
- Maintaining programs version and document control pertaining to electronic controlled fluid power systems.
- On-site commissioning of control systems when necessary (some travel required).
- After sales support for application updates and troubleshooting.
- Qualification and testing of new components/technologies.
- Provide feedback to product management on components and suppliers.
- Perform other Duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Technical Degree or Diploma
- 3 years of programming experience, with Fluid Power experience an asset
- Strong programming skills (Codesys, Linux, Java, C++, Internet Protocol)
- Familiar with CAN network protocols (CANOpen, J1939)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Resourceful with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluid power knowledge is an asset.
- IFPS Certification CFPECS (Certified Fluid Power Electronic Control Specialist) is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- programming within Fluid Power: 1 year (Preferred)
- programming: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)