Do you have a experience in sales and customer service? Are you a creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas? Do you have skills in assertiveness, detail-orientation & organization as well as a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism? Willing to manage accounts. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
We are recruiting Saskatoon; the position will be based out of our office in Saskatoon, SK.
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The role of the Ingredient Sales Associate is to provide assistance to the Senior Sales Associates by maintaining existing business relationships. This entry-level role will also provide the opportunity to step into the sales & marketing team by learning about new business opportunities, generating sales and purchases for new ingredients from fast growing commodities, and to develop a sustainable business with acceptable margins as outlined by division, and to promote growth, manage risk and present opportunities for growth.
Key skills and Abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to produce profitable sales in target areas for growth
- Promote company name/reputation in the marketplace
- Collect market information and gain comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients marketed
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Work within defined position limits as well as established company policies
- Work effectively within a team environment
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Capable of overnight business travel, to include occasional travel by airplane
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Service-oriented and with a strong commitment to quality
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Strong desire to succeed
- Agriculture background would be helpful
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with Senior Sales Professions and Product Position Managers to effectively maintain an existing line of business relationships/needs with customers
- Work with Product Position Managers to understand the products where HPS Food & Ingredients would have a competitive advantage
- Market food ingredients to existing customers and other markets as opportunities arise to increase sale opportunities
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, company bonus pool + more);
- Drug-Free Workplace
HPS Food & Ingredients is a fast growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial company you can be proud to call your employer.
HPS Food & Ingredients markets and distributes food ingredients from. A privately held and Saskatoon based company, we employ more than 30 people throughout North America.
HPS is for and about its people and there is lots of opportunity for growth, new positions, global travel and business development. Our employees are both leaders in the industry and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19